Labels

Thursday 7 March 2013

Q5: How do you attract/ address your audience

Question 5: How do you attract/ address your audience
My magazine is aimed to attract its target audience in many ways. One way is through the use of the headlines as the fonts are used in an edgy manner which is meant to be cool and to stand out, this is something which the age range in which my magazine is aimed at as teenagers or young adults often take a shine to bold unique looking fonts and it adds an unusual approach to grabbing the audience’s attention as in most magazines the fonts are kept fairly plain and the audience is attracted through the use of the image which I wanted to do through both the font and the image itself. The image I have used in my magazine is going to take up the majority of the space provided on the main cover page as a typical magazine consists of this and mine will too, as the picture is made large, the image helps attract the target audience. The colour scheme of my magazine also helps attract my audience as there are many bold colours which stand out as I also want my magazine to not just blend in with other competing magazines. The simplicity of my magazine also helps attract the target audience of my magazine, as the layout is quite simple as the text on the front cover for example is in a box shaped format and this helps to avoid confusion or clustered looking text which can put off the audience which is the opposite of what I am trying to achieve.
The use of a clear and easy to read masthead helps readers know what magazine they are reading and makes the name of the magazine easily recognisable which also helps reputation and publicity through such methods such as word of mouth, the cover lines also help add to attracting the audience as readers often look at the main cover line on a magazine to see what the top story is about, and also they tend to often look at other cover lines too to see what else the magazine contains. The main colour scheme of my music magazine is brown/black/red, so therefore whatever text is in red, will ultimately stand out more as the other text would be brown/black.
My magazine is also quite male oriented as often, hip hop/ rap music is a fairly male based genre and therefore when keeping to that theme of a male dominant magazine also helps attract the audience which are most likely to buy it. There wouldn’t be much point trying to attract all types of audiences as it would be difficult, instead I try to aim to address one main type of audience which will be more successful to attract them and therefore get them to purchase the product. The colour scheme can also relate to the male theme also as the colours black, brown, dark red aren’t often connotations of female based things, like happy feelings, love etc. Instead its quite strong colours and dark which is more male based. Of the males I have based my magazine to attract, the age also has been made to be attracted, as my magazine features many young people, this then would attract young aspiring people who relate to music and which will then further their relations to the magazine and make them tend to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment